Re: pgAdmin III Bugs/Feature Requests

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <marktaff(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III Bugs/Feature Requests
Date: 2003-08-09 08:59:50
Lists: pgadmin-support
It's rumoured that Mark A. Taff once said:

> Could we perhaps then allow a custom doc browser?  Konqi can do a fine
> job, if  I could tell it to open all docs with Konqi instead of the
> wxWindows browser.

I'll need convincing on that. What real benefit would you get other than
the font size in the dialogue?
>> That is the intended behaviour. You click a view (left or right) and
>> that's what it tries to create.
>
> Yes, I agree, but that's my point, it _doesn't_. :o  I first need to
> highlight  the item and then right click to bring up the popup menu,
> when simply  right-clicking (regardless of whether it was highlighted
> or not) it out to  do, yes?

Ahh, I see. Sorry, I misunderstood what you said.

>> > Most of these issues likely stem from the fact I am working at 1280
>> > x 1024 on  a 19" monitor.
>>
>> I run 1600 x 1280 on a 21" monitor!
>
> Hmmm....Am I being a wimp?  Maybe I should increase my resolution....:)

Well, 1280x1024 is a bit low. I used to run that on my XT ;-)

> FYI, I am using wxGTK(Windows) version 2.4.  I'll have to compile my
> own if I  want 2.5.

Ahh, there's 90% of your problems then. wx2.5 has vastly improved sizing
code in it. I would seriously consider taking a look - you will find our
patched snapshot of wxWindows on our ftp servers. Installation
instructions are in unix_compilation.html in the pgAdmin docs.
Regards, Dave.