Re: Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!
Date: 2012-08-07 18:37:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>> I second that.
>>
>> I too find the range types more important than a somewhat unfinished
>> JSON support (In my opinion it's missing indexing and access functions
>> to make it really usable)
>
> +1

So my problem is that I can't make it fit into a simple theme that the
general press will understand. Performance+JSON is a simple theme.
Performance+WierdNewTypes is not.

Also, incomplete or not, the JSON support has already gotten far more
press attention than any other feature in 9.2. Developer attention
also; at SCALE and PyCon, JSON support was the *only* 9.2 feature anyone
asked me about. So JSON needs to stay in, fairly prominently.

Can someone suggest a way to work range types into a simple, 2-part
theme which doesn't obscure the JSON message?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.