Re: BUG #7479: SERVICE NOT START

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: diego(dot)oliveira(at)bentonisa(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7479: SERVICE NOT START
Date: 2012-08-03 14:01:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On 08/03/2012 08:04 PM, diego(dot)oliveira(at)bentonisa(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7479
> Logged by:          DIEGO DE OLIVEIRA CORDEIRO
> Email address:      diego(dot)oliveira(at)bentonisa(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0
> Operating system:   FEDORA LINUX
>
> DO NOT START THE SERVICE, DATABASE IS OK, WHAT CAN WE DO?

You need to post a lot more detail for anybody to be able to help you.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

There's no sign this is a bug, so I recommend you post a question to the
pgsql-general mailing list, where there are many more people.

Make sure you explain:

- What went wrong, ie what caused it to go from working to non-working
- What, if anything ,you have tried to do to fix it already
- Any recent changes or events

and include:

- The full PostgreSQL version. (You really can't be running 8.3.0,
right? It should be 8.3.something.)
- The full Fedora version
- information about your hardware
- Your PostgreSQL server logs