Re: not fetching all query results

From: Till Toenges <tt(at)kyon(dot)de>
To: Radim Kolar <hsn(at)filez(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: not fetching all query results
Date: 2012-08-02 06:49:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 2012-08-01 14:47, Radim Kolar wrote:
>> So are you contributing that code to JDBC ?
> In what ways it will benefit me? You keep telling me: if you need it do
> it yourself. I did. Currently i have statement timeout implemented as
> well, it was trivial.

It's the economic choice. If you don't contribute the source, you will
forever pay to patch your secret sauce into every new revision of the
driver. If you contribute, you get it for free from now on.

Think about it: You paid a fixed sum for your patch, and that money is
gone -- keeping the patch to yourself will not gain you anything. But
you will almost certainly need to update the driver one day, and it
would be much cheaper and simpler if your patch is already included.

Till

--
Kyon, Till Toenges, tt(at)kyon(dot)de, http://kyon.de
Obergplatz 14, 47804 Krefeld, +49-2151-3620334