Re: Blacklist all Windows demons ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Blacklist all Windows demons ...
Date: 2004-03-30 17:56:56
Lists: pgsql-www
It's rumoured that Marc G. Fournier once said:

> Okay, we just weathered attack #2 ... the domain that is being attacked
> has been shut down permanently, but ...
>
> ... does anyone know of a way, using javascript or something, detecting
> whether a virus scanner is running on a machine connecting to a web
> site? Javascript can do everything else, can it do this?

Umm, no. That would come under the category of 'another windows security
flaw'
I think what is needed is the IP to location software used on the new
version of the portal, tied into the guidance systems of a dozen or so
ICBMs. The first couple of strikes ought to persuade the rest of the
population to invest in a scanner and firewall - unless of course the
guidance system is based on Windows CE in which case it could all go
horribly wrong!
Oh, and hello to all my friends in MI5/6 who are probably reading this via
Echelon 'cos it mentioned ICBMs :-)
Regards, Dave