Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: David Barton <dave(at)oneit(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage
Date: 2012-07-31 01:21:04
Lists: pgsql-performance
On 29/07/12 05:08, David Barton wrote:
> Thanks so much, Tom.
>
> That did the job.  I increased it to every 15 minutes and it has
> dropped substantially even though the pgstat.stat file is over 1 MB
> again.

I'd be a little concerned that having autovacuum tuned down to run so
infrequently might result in massive table bloat - which could be even
worse than than the original stats file problem.  Keep an eye out for
any table(s) that used to be small but become unexpectedly larger over
the next few days, and if you see any then decrease the naptime again.

Regards

Mark