Re: not fetching all query results

From: Radim Kolar <hsn(at)filez(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: not fetching all query results
Date: 2012-07-30 14:00:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> "It should not be that difficult to get it fixed. I am not interested
> in workarounds"
>
> is pretty dismissive of the work you're already getting for free and
> without having contributed to it in any way. If you don't like it, one
> of your options is to do something about it yourself. The PgJDBC
> driver is open source, so rather than just asserting it can't be that
> difficult, you have the opportunity to prove your assertion by
> producing a patch that fixes your problem. Demanding that others spend
> their time fixing a problem you care about is a bit rude.
I offered you an opportunity to improve your product. To improve
compatibility with JDBC standard and get paid for this. You guys decided
that it is too difficult and you will wait years for PostgreSQL protocol
change.

> If you approach this with a the attitude of "this is causing a problem
> for me and I would love some help fixing it, any suggestions where I
> should start" you will probably get better results.
I already have results I wanted. I had 2000 EUR allocated to it and only
650 were needed to get it done, its about 150 lines patch and it took 2
days to code and test it.

Let me ask this one: why you do not have JDBC4 Postgresql Driver,
Version 9.1-902
<http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar>
in maven repository? Unwilling to devote few minutes to upload it there?
<http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar>