Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage

From: David Barton <dave(at)oneit(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage
Date: 2012-07-28 17:08:10
Lists: pgsql-performance
Thanks so much, Tom.

That did the job.  I increased it to every 15 minutes and it has dropped
substantially even though the pgstat.stat file is over 1 MB again.

It is unfortunate that the IO utilisation of this seems to be O(n^2) as
that is a big impediment to shared hosting.  Is there any type of bounty
system where people can contribute to developing features?

Regards, David