Re: problem to developing the lock

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
Cc: <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem to developing the lock
Date: 2003-02-22 20:56:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

It's rumoured that frank_lupo once said:

> I set autocommit =off.
> When drop view and i do not send commit or rollback,is not possible to
> select from other user on pg_view. The Pgadmin2 when read schema is
> locked,and is not possible to make whichever other operation. This is
> my problem.
It is not possible to use pgadmin2 if the view are
> locked.

Oh, I see. How about wrapping everything in a transaction in
pgDatabase.Execute in pgSchema? We should probably then provide a
secondary connection for use with SQL queries in pgAdmin. Probably not a
bad idea anyway.
What do you think?

Regards, Dave.