postgresql query cost values/estimates

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql query cost values/estimates
Date: 2012-07-18 12:18:25
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi, I was wondering if there are any recommended ways or tools for
calculating the planner cost constants? Also, do the absolute values
matter or is it simply the ratio between them? I'm about to configure a
new server and can probably do a rough job of calculating them based on
supposed speeds of the various components but wondered if anyone uses
more accurate methods?

Thanks

John

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2012-07-18 12:26:02