Re: New News Entry

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New News Entry
Date: 2004-05-25 21:38:39
Lists: pgsql-www

It's rumoured that Josh Berkus once said:
> Folks,
>
>> > Computer Associates announced its intention to open source Ingres on
>> > May 24, 2004 at caworld 2004 in Las Vegas.
>>
>> This isn't PostgreSQL news.
>
> I'd have to agree with Peter, here. If someone (Bruce?) wants to do a
> capsule history about the relationship between the two databases, then
> fine ... but as is it's just stumping for CA.

Agreed. Any thoughts on the eva/3 one (the one we got 8 copies of). It
runs with PostgreSQL as well as a number of other DBs and is free for
personal use but not commercial.
I'm kinda on the fence on this one - on one hand it's another commercial
app recognising and supporting PostgreSQL, on the other, well, it's a
commercial app.
Regards, Dave.