Re: postgresql database ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql database ...
Date: 2003-12-26 10:43:34
Lists: pgsql-www

It's rumoured that Marc G. Fournier once said:

> Anyone know what this is?
>
> developer.postgresql.org/www/regress/opendb.php:
> $conn = pg_connect("dbname=postgresql user=portal
> host=db.svr2.postgresql.org");
>
> there is no postgresql database on any of the servers that I'm aware of
> *scratch head*

That's the old regression test results database that accidently got
deleted during our last little clearing up session! At the time none of us
knew what the postgresql db was for.
We seem to have got through 7.4 without anyone complaining that it's gone
so I assume it wasn't really used for anything other than storing results
anyway...
/D