Re: create/edit object

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: create/edit object
Date: 2003-05-04 08:21:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>>OK, thanks.
>>
>>While I think of it, have you done anything to support creation of new
>>objects? I did originally start including Add New... Nodes to each
>>section of the treeview for this, but I think you've removed those now
>>haven't you?
>>

> Hi Dave,
>
> yes I removed Add New... nodes, they're consuming a lot of space (GTK
> will even need more vertical spacing for each node).
> Database and User can be created already, using the toolbar buttons.

OK. I tend to forget these things as I have a rather nice 21" monitor at
work :-)
At some point I do think we should discuss controls however. I'm a little
concerned that having (nearly) everything on the context menu is not
overly accessible to some people. I think we need a rule that the toolbar
will exactly replicate the context menu, or that we have another menu on
the menu bar that does.
Any thoughts?

> Actually, I'm not quite happy about the bitmaps for create and edit.
> They look nice, but don't show what they are meant for until you
> mouse-move-over it.

No. There is work to be done on many of the icons, but I'm certainly not
the person for that. I'll put a cry for help out over some of the mailing
lists...
Regards, Dave.