Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove prepared transactions from main isolation test schedule.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove prepared transactions from main isolation test schedule.
Date: 2012-07-20 20:17:08
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> Remove prepared transactions from main isolation test schedule.

> There is no point in running this test when prepared transactions are disabled,
> which is the default. New make targets that include the test are provided. This
> will save some useless waste of cycles on buildfarm machines.

Having done that, shouldn't we remove prepared-transactions_1.out (the
"expected" file for the prepared-transactions-disabled case)?

Having a megabyte-sized test file for that case has always seemed pretty
wasteful to me. Now that the test won't be run unless intentionally
selected, it seems like people who are using it would expect it to
actually test prepared transactions --- so having it "pass" when they're
disabled seems wrong.