connection timeout?

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: connection timeout?
Date: 2007-02-03 18:28:49
Lists: pgsql-novice
Is there a connection timeout?  I'm using DBD::Pg  (1.47) in perl to access
8.2.1 database.

I've got a rather long running script; it does a bit of database access,
then did some other crunching for about 11-12 hours before making another
pgsql call; at which point, I get this error:

FATAL:  This connection has been terminated by the administrator.

I've restarted my script on a faster system and expect to get to the same
point in about 4 hours this time.  Hopefully timeout values won't get in
the way this time?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Shoaib MirDate: 2007-02-03 18:35:23