Getting the new cygserver to run

From: David Riggs <dariggs(at)nichibun(dot)ac(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Getting the new cygserver to run
Date: 2004-06-23 07:21:41
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Dear list,

I am trying to run Postgres for the first time, and under Cygwin to boot,
and it seems I was caught in a change from ipc-daemon2 to cygserver. I had
originally ran ipc-daemon2, following old instructions.

But then I followed the install instructions in the 7.4.3.README, for a
single user under WinXP.   I set CYGWIN to server, ran cygserver-config.

When I run cygserver (having added /usr/sbin to my path which is necessary,
but not noted), I get:

Init complete, waiting for requests
failed to creat named pipe: is the daemon already running?
fatal error on IPC transport: closing down.

I presume my problem is related to the following comment on the list from Mike,

"Make sure you have installed cygserver, included it in your path, delete
the current postgres service you have installed, and finally reinstall the
postgres service using cygserver instead of the ipc-daemon2."

I suppose this is what I should do? But I do not know how to do this delete
and reinstall.

Help, anyone!!

David