new behavior

From: stev knowles <stev(at)Precision(dot)Guesswork(dot)COM>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: new behavior
Date: 2002-11-26 15:34:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
i have an application. occasionally, a user will select Submit without
filling out any fields to search for. the lookup fails,and PQfinish(conn)
is called.

starting recently, when this happens, it seems that PQfinish() is not
setting conn to NULL, since my init() routine returns without connecting to
the database (upon entering, it only connects if (conn == (PGconn *)NULL)
). i looked thru the code, and free() is being called in freePGconn(PGconn
*conn), but my fist call to the database just exists, and takes the
application with it.

this *used* to work. the application has not been used in a few weeks, we
just added about 60 new records, and now there is interest.

any ideas would be appreciated.