Re: Inconsistent performance

From: Joseph Bove <jbove(at)vetstar(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inconsistent performance
Date: 2003-09-15 22:24:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

Stephan,

Actually, it's inconsistent with the exact same command. I've now
replicated the problem by doing the following command:

select count (*) from table;

The table in question has 88899 rows.

The response time is anywhere from 1 second to 12 seconds. Different
response times can occur in the same minute of testing!

Regards,

Joseph