Re: is there any backend (server) timeout

From: Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general(at)pexicom(dot)com>
To: NunoACHenriques <nach(at)fct(dot)unl(dot)pt>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is there any backend (server) timeout
Date: 2002-05-27 23:18:02
Lists: pgsql-general

>server closed the connection unexpectedly
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.
>The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed.
>You are currently not connected to a database.

I had this happen to me the other day, when my server booted with only 1GB
of RAM instead of the usual 2GB. PostgreSQL started thrashing something
fierce since I give it 1.4GB of shared memory, and not too long after that
I got that same message in a JDBC SQLException.

That doesn't really help, but...

Doug