misbehaving

From: PJourdan <info(at)lespetitsplaisirs(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: misbehaving
Date: 2002-04-18 20:30:50
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am getting weird prompts when I do psql "database"
database=>
instead of
database=#

I finally got the prompt under one of the users, but not the one that is
supposed to be the superuser.

template1=# DROP DATABASE database
template1-#

The same happens with CREATE DATABASE
This is weird.
I find different attributes when I look at users and databases from
pgAdmin2 or from Webmin - and when I try to change user permissions
(CREATEDB, for example) I get some error code.
And when I last installed the plpgsql language I did not get ththe following:

postgres:~$ createlang plpgsql template1
postgres:~$ # Test if we succeeded
postgres:~$ createlang -l template1
Procedural languages
Name | Trusted? | Compiler
---------+----------+----------
plpgsql | t | PL/pgSQL
(1 row)

what I get is this:

postgres:~$ createlang plpgsql template1
postgres:~$ # Test if we succeeded
postgres:~$ createlang -l template1
Procedural languages
Name | Trusted?
plpgsql | t
(1 row)

There is no the information about the Compiler. In another installation, I
recall it was there.
The version of Postgreql installed is 7.2.1_1 - the latest in the FreeBSD
ports collection.
Help, please. :((

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: PJourdanDate: 2002-04-18 22:15:19