Getting Started with ODBC

From: Andrew Bell <acbell(at)iastate(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Getting Started with ODBC
Date: 2001-11-29 19:15:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I *think* that I've mostly figured out what it takes to develop code that
uses ODBC to communicate with PostgreSQL on a Linux system:

1) Driver manager (either iodbc or unixODBC)
2) PostgreSQL ODBC driver
3) Some header files (unless you want to type prototypes all day)
4) An initialization file (.odbc.ini)

Is this correct? Is there anything else? The FAQs don't, in my mind,
cover this very well. Can someone tell me where to get an ODBC header file
that will work with gcc?

Thanks,

-- Andrew Bell
acbell(at)iastate(dot)edu