Re: Update from a table.

From: Mo Holkar <pgsql(at)digitalmindgames(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update from a table.
Date: 2001-11-23 17:36:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

At 15:12 23/11/01, you wrote:
>Last I checked, you cannot perform arithmetic functions inside a query. I
>suggest retrieving the values, do the math, then update.

You can perform all sorts of arithmetic operations inside a query in
Postgres, although sometimes you ave to be a bit clever with the syntax.
(I'm not sure how much of it is strict SQL92 though.) It would be a
nightmare working with datetimes if you couldn't subtract them from each
other, add intervals, etc.

best,

Mo

Mo Holkar
Digital Mind Games -- log on to take over
mo(dot)holkar(at)digitalmindgames(dot)com
http://www.digitalmindgames.com