"translate" libpq++ to libpqxx

From: Michiel Lange <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "translate" libpq++ to libpqxx
Date: 2003-04-07 21:40:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello everyone,

lately I bought a boot that looked real great, and in many aspects it is.
Only they use the libpq++ interface in their examples, and it appears that
libpq++ is terribly broken (I cannot compile <beep> with it) so, I was
wondering if there is a way to "translate" the libpq++ examples they wrote
to libpqxx

I found out that instead of #include <libpq++.h> I had to do #include
<pqxx/all.h> (at least I would have enough functionality then)

But the class 'PgConnection' seems to exist no more, and I hoped there
would be an easy way to replace all occurrences of a function with another
(it would have been even better if the syntaxes would be comparable, but
that might have been not a good idea...)

Tia,
Michiel