Re: SQL query editor

From: Tim Finch <pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, "G(dot) A(dot) Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: SQL query editor
Date: 2002-04-03 08:47:44
Lists: pgadmin-support
At 07:21 30/03/2002 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>No, it doesn't I'm afraid. It's possible that it could be modularised and
>seperated though, and it's a pretty good idea, so if I get a chance I'll
>look into it.
>
>Regards, Dave.

Is it worth us thinking sbout this in terms of the graphical editor we are
working on, Dave?
There is some sense possibly in the designer being both an addin and a
standalone EXE, that in standalone mode produces SQL strings on the
clipboard perhaps. If Tony is after an ability to 'restrict' whatusers can
do in the pgAdminII, then surely a better approach is to have security in
pgAdminII that states what operators of pgAdminII can do (you can create
Dbs, edit them, create SQL etc. etc.)...?
Tim.