Re: First DataTable submission to CVS!!

From: Tim Finch <pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First DataTable submission to CVS!!
Date: 2002-03-20 22:01:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
>concerns will be (in the future, when your looking to integrate the code),
>object/variable naming, consistant indenting (2 char), and licence the
>comments.

Yes, thats fine.

>1) Check the spelling of dtbFieldConstraint's values before you write too
>much code around them.

Thanks!

>2) I don't like the italic/underline. I think plain for regular fields, and
>bold + a colour for fkey/pkeys etc.

Tell you what, what about making this a stylistic issue a property setting
of some kind. We can then build in (in future if not at start) an option in
the setting of options to diagram-pane ocx the way to represent these
settings and make it a pgAdmin View Designer feature user-setable option.

>3) Use of only 3 datatypes is not good. It should support any (including
>custom) types, as does the rest of pgSchema/pgAdmin. Of course, this will
>make the box bigger, but I think it's a must.

Sorry, should have pointed out the fact that as this is early code to show
you where I am heading I have not tried to flesh out all the Enum settings,
and so I fully agree other data types are needed!!!

>Looks pretty good though. You might want to drop email to Mark
>(myeatman(at)put(dot)my(dot)domain(dot)here) he's the 3rd core developer but is usually
>very quiet. He's been working on a similar sort of control on and off for
>some time to represent a node on a network in a network mapping extension to
>some other software we write. It strikes me that there will be  many
>similarities between the code in his and your controls, especially when it
>comes to drawing & tracking many of them and drawing links between them.

Thanks Dave, I will

Tim.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Tim FinchDate: 2002-03-22 10:31:55