ViewDesigner Code

From: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ViewDesigner Code
Date: 2002-03-06 22:07:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Mark,

Thanks, got the code and installed it. Am i right in thinking you have not
doen any work yet to draw objects in the top pane for the
tables/relationship lines?

I saw a lot of stub procedures for many operations all which launch a new
window - I guess you cut/paste a lot of code, huh?

Any hints on getting anything work that DOES work so far? I managed to load
a .SQL file and see the coloured syntax SQL in pane 3 but nothing in panes
1,2,4 - is that right?

Great to have something already started on this feature, as it will give us
all a chance to get places. I can forsee needing a CVS facility for it
sooner rather than later. Do you anticipate seeing it as a add-in module a
la Excel exporter etc. In this case it would fit very nicely into the
plugins folder on the existing CVS.

Dave, who do you deal with to get the pgadmin CVS facility arranged with to
see about the idea of partial upload facility for Mark & I?? Exchanging
Zips of code with instructions to merge in is barmy when CVS exists and is
already used for this project? Alternatively, Mark, could we get a slot on
Sourceforge/OSDN in the short term?

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk