Re: Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query

From: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query
Date: 2002-03-03 21:43:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Well, I'm feeling a little less like the newbie on the block after reading
everyone's experience of CVS!
Mark, if you did want to zip and email the code so far to me that would be
fine. If any of you are following the Cygwin list you'll see I'm having no
end of grief getting 7.2-2 installed and working on my W2K laptop. Had
7.1.3 working fine. Can't run pgAdmin without a postmaster up and
running... so have been a little delayed. Anyone got any idea what the
error means I have just posted over on cygwin list??

I am keen to take a look at the ActiveX side of the table relationship bit.
My feeling is still to start with a table ActiveX object (i.e. just one
table, with title and field list), which in turn is used inside the larger
diagram screen ActiveX object. This segments the work into clearly defined
boundaries. Also it sets a reasonably easy to achieve goal for a finished
product that can be built on. What are your thoughts (Mark but others too).

Tim.