Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor

From: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor
Date: 2002-02-26 22:50:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
<Big Ideas>

Well, I'm toying with the idea of getting into helping pgAdmin development
specifically on one or both of the above potential features. In order to
assess whether I can/should/will etc. I thought I'd put out a general
list of features.

My starting point would be to assess Access 97/2000 style ER and Query
editor, and cross it a bit with the DaVinci toolset ones for M$ $QL $erver,
but see if we can work into it some features to cope with other facilities
that neither access or DaVinci cope with.

Whilst thinking big, I also wondered what people think about possibility or
otherwise of putting in

1. Graphical Query Plan screen (a la $QL $erver front end tools)
2. Query Debugger. I reckon this would only be feasible as a
cross-development thing with the postmaster boys-and-girls.

</Big Ideas>

Tim.

pgadmin-hackers by date