Re: psql 7.2 AND 7.1.3 failing on Cygwin 1.3.9 pgsql

From: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql 7.2 AND 7.1.3 failing on Cygwin 1.3.9 pgsql
Date: 2002-02-26 15:01:42
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Thanks Jason, this is same as other advise I have had. Unfortunately I now
seem to have killed off the postmaster, which was working before. I posted
a message earlier today outlining that fault, if you have any ideas, that
would be great. I may remove all of cygwin & try again from scratch.
Typically it was all working great in 7.1.3 - all the troubles started when
I put on 7.2-2.

However I do have problems with doing that : how do I remove the postmaster
Win2000 service? Secondly, I have managed to get a copy of the cygwin1.dll
in C:|winnt\system32 that cygwin complains about with 'whats that doing
there?' but I don't seem to the able to remove it.... giving me access
denied, even logged on as administraotr. I renamed it to duffer.dll
rebooted but it still won't go. ARRGGH!

Any help anyone can give would be most welcome! Thanks
Tim.