WinNT / Delphi

From: Stefan Huber <schweinsaug(at)crosswinds(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WinNT / Delphi
Date: 2001-08-17 20:01:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I have two questions:
1) What about the performance of PostgreSQL under WinNT (or Win2k, XP if
somebody already has that). There is a project coming up, and the
programmers want to stick to MS Windows. So are there any quirks with the
Windows version? I checked the FAQ but the two known issues sound so good,
that I can't believe them ;)

What does "inherently insecure" mean for a production server (about 1GB
database size expected and connectivity via ODBC and a network)?

I know the ipcdaemon and I got the impression that this piece of software
is not very stable (I used it for intermediate development while my Linux
box was not ready). Or was it just because we had Postgres, MS SQL and an
MS Access client opened simultaneously...?

2) Has anyone experience with Delphi 5 and Postgres?

Any answers appreciated.

greetings from Austria,
Stefan

--