Re: Re: pgsql + qnx

From: "Tegge, Bernd" <tegge(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: pgsql + qnx
Date: 2001-05-22 15:48:11
Lists: pgsql-ports
At 16:51 22.05.01 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Tegge, Bernd writes:
>
> > I've just performed a build of a Watcom compiled version and found a couple
> > of bugs in the watcom specific part of that patch. Please use the attached
> > version instead.
> > The watcom version fails 3 additional regression tests, at least one (int8)
> > expected; I have not looked at the other ones.
>
>I don't like the Makefile.qnx4 and plpgsql/Makefile parts of this patch:
>
>! override CXXFLAGS +=-I/usr/local/include/g++
>! override CFLAGS +=-I/usr/local/include
>
>The first line looks like a broken compiler installation.  The second line
>should, if at all, go into the template file.  But I don't like us using
>arbitrary include paths.  If the compiler vendor decides to not go there
>by default they had a reason.  In any case there would be an equivalent
>LDFLAGS setting missing.  Also, -I options should go into CPPFLAGS.

Could you elaborate ? I am not sure which template file you refer to.
In case you are thinking of the gcc installation, I guess they could be
scrapped. However, Watcom does not search these directories by default.
In fact, IIRC a OOB QNX4 install does not even *have* a '/usr/local'. I
have included this because TCL and zlib install their headers there.

>The plpgsql issue should be fixed by making the ifneq
>($(enable_shared),yes) sections in plpgsql/src/Makefile cover the parts
>you don't want to execute.  That's what it is for, it just hasn't been
>exercised yet.

Not really, it's because building the static library kills wlib. It is
a platform specific problem similar to the hack in backend/Makefile.
Of course I could make this dependant on enable_shared, but I don't like
using two different flags to work around the same bug.