Re: How to place a table on a separate partition?

From: Stefan Huber <schweinsaug(at)crosswinds(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to place a table on a separate partition?
Date: 2001-03-29 19:39:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

>I am putting together a large database and want the
>table to reside on a partition separate from the
>default under 'base'. How can I do this?

You could create symlinks for the larger tables pointing to another location:

ln -s /path/to/table/bigtable /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/whatever/bigtable

(supposed /usr/local/pgsql is your Postgres directory)

If there are serious troubles to be expected, I'd like to know that, because we have used this method once (not so important DB, without any probs till now)

Stefan
--
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.