Re: When is a shared library unloaded?

From: "Jon Horsman" <horshaq(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "sql pgsql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: When is a shared library unloaded?
Date: 2007-08-20 15:47:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

Here is a little more information about my problem.

There is a library( that has stored procedures) for processing trigger
events. The library is loaded on first access( i.e when there is a
trigger event to be sent). Normally, it gets unloaded during a
postgres server shutdown but the library seems to be getting unloaded
occasionally. We have logs in the _init( ) and _fini( ) of the
library and we see that there are times when _fini( ) is getting
called when you wouldn't expect it to be.

Has anyone else had issues similar to this?

Thanks,

Jon.