Downtown San Franciso software developer has an immediate opening for a qualified DBA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and fun work environment.
All inquires are confidential. Please send resume to: wce(at)charter(dot)net
* Provide technical expertise to the project team members on the design, development, test and implementation of game server and platform (ecommerce) systems.
* Monitor data server performance, availability, capacity, and error handling.
* Assumes responsibility for data integrity, replication, security and recovery.
* Will work closely with the application development teams to ensure correct database design and efficient application access.
* Address database integration issues including data migration, maintenance, capacity planning and new application support.
* Monitors and manages database backups and logs; installs, maintains and upgrades database software; restores and/or recovers data as required
* Provide architecture support and management of OLAP/reporting DB instances.
* Maintains knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment and systems.
* Administers database performance and tuning.
* Installs and performs maintenance on core database software as well as on application schema components and database structures.
* Ensures database backup and recovery processes are in place.
* Monitors database growth and provides input to overall system capacity plan.
* Develops or approves all data models and physical database designs.
* Develops or approves all SQL application code to ensure efficient database access.
* Monitors data usage to ensure correct use by applications and to minimize redundancy
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 5 or more years relevant experience including implementation, administration, and support of production database systems
* Experience writing stored procedures using established coding conventions.
* The ideal candidate will have primary expertise with PostgreSQL 8.X on Linux. (Equivalent Oracle experience considered, must be willing to learn PostgrSQL)
* Linux scripting skills.
* Experience with optimization and troubleshooting techniques to address performance problems on SQL Server
* Strong understanding of high level programming languages and the software development life cycle
* Proficient in installing, monitoring and tuning database management systems.
* Proficient in the coding of SQL and database stored procedures.
* Able to use Linux operating systems and utilities to assist in the implementation and management of database management systems.
* Proficient in appropriate testing methods.
* Experienced in systems analysis and design.
* Must be a self-starter and an excellent communicator
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Leonid Blyukher||Date: 2005-12-19 22:22:31|
|Subject: Postgres DBA job opening in Mumbai|
|Previous:||From: Beau Gould||Date: 2005-12-14 04:11:52|
|Subject: [JOB] Perl/PostgresSQL Developers, Park City, UT | 45-55k |