mysql command equivalents?

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan(dot)schroeder(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: mysql command equivalents?
Date: 2009-10-13 21:20:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
At the continuing urging of an acquaintance (and with the uncertainty
around Oracle's acquisition of Sun) I'm trying to give PostgresSQL a
try, but the difference in commands is seriously frustrating.

Is there a nice single table somewhere listing MySQL equivalents,
e.g. "USE database" == ? My google-fu is failing me. (And even the
docs don't seem to have anything for that particular example.)

A cheat sheet would speed things up immensely.

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan(dot)schroeder(at)gmail(dot)com
twitter: @hassan

pgsql-novice by date