not all pg_stat_database fields reset after pg_stat_reset()

From: tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: not all pg_stat_database fields reset after pg_stat_reset()
Date: 2010-12-11 16:19:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

After calling pg_stat_reset, some of the database stats fields are not
actually reset, the value is preserved. I've found the bug is actually in
pgstat_recv_resetcounter function, where only some of the
PgStat_StatDBEntry fields are reset to 0.

This is true for those 6 fields:

n_tuples_returned
n_tuples_fetched
n_tuples_inserted
n_tuples_updated
n_tuples_deleted
last_autovac_time

The docs for "pg_stat_reset()" say "Reset all statistics counters for the
current database to zero (requiret superuser privileges)" and I don't see
any reason why these fields should not be reset, so I guess it's a bug.

See the patch attached (against current dev version).

regards
Tomas

Attachment Content-Type Size
missing-fields.diff text/plain 649 bytes