Re: Multi calendar system for pgsql

From: Mohsen Alimomeni <m(dot)alimomeni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multi calendar system for pgsql
Date: 2009-02-22 13:28:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
To implement my local calendar, I tried adding a new type (pdate) to pgsql
as an extension. At first I used a struct of size 6, and I returned a
pointer to it in pdate_in with no problem. Now I changed the type to int32,
returning PG_RETURN_INT32. I removed all palloc calls. but the server
crashes with segmentation fault before returning in pdate_in.
I changed PG_RETURN_INT32 to PG_RETURN_POINTER, but the problem isn'tsolved.
I checked everything, read chapter 34 of docs, but I couldn't solve the
problem. I attached my files, if anyone can take a look at them.

thanks,
Mohsen Alimomeni

Attachment Content-Type Size
pdate.tar.gz application/x-gzip 4.8 KB