Re: config question

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: config question
Date: 2006-09-12 21:42:42
Lists: pdxpug
On Sep 12, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Thomas J Keller wrote:

> Hi,
> I didn't configure postgresql with PAM or bonjour. I'd now like to add
> this support. Do I need to reinstall & configure or can I stop the
> server and add this support through a conf file change?

PAM & bonjour support need to be compiled in.  If PAM is compiled in,
you can just add the configuration change to your pg_hba.conf and
reload your config files.

Otherwise, you'll need to re-compile with the proper flags
(--with-bonjour --with-pam, plus whatever you were using before) or
download a binary that has PAM/bonjour support.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Information Systems Manager