Re: Dily health checks to be created in short time

From: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dily health checks to be created in short time
Date: 2010-02-15 17:57:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:47:35AM +0200, Machiel Richards wrote:
> I need to create a checklist and SOP document that needs
> to be sent out today for a daily health check process on all postgres
> databases.

One thing lots of people use is check_postgres.pl [1]. It provides "actions"
to check all sorts of aspects of database health, in general without impacting
the database particularly. You might read through its documentation and find a
list of actions you feel would provide the monitoring you're looking for.

[1] http://bucardo.org/wiki/Check_postgres

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation