[BACKUPS]Little backups

From: Leví Teodoro da Silva <tlevisilva(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [BACKUPS]Little backups
Date: 2008-07-21 18:20:27
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi Guys,

I am developing a project with PostgreSQL and one guy from project is
familiar with Oracle and did a question for me, but i could not answer, if
someone could help it will be good. =)
The question is :
*
- In oracle he makes a full backup two times in a day. In this range of
time, Oracle make a lot of mini-backups, but this backups is about just the
data whose have changed in this time. If the system fails, he could
reconstruct the database adding the last "big backup" with "mini-backups".
Can Postgres do this ?  *

Regards,
Leví - Brazil

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Berge Schwebs BjørloDate: 2008-07-21 18:28:15