Re: Change in datetime type casting

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Change in datetime type casting
Date: 2012-06-29 14:59:46
Lists: psycopg
On 29/06/12 16:51, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> If writing a date in and reading a string out is enough for your
>> application, you can easily write your own specialized hstore adapter
>> based on the code in extras.py.
> and
> The following change in extras.py solves the problem for dates and other
> non string types.:
>
> class HstoreAdapter(object):
>     """Adapt a Python dict to the hstore syntax."""
>     def __init__(self, wrapped):
>         self.wrapped = wrapped
>         for k in self.wrapped:                     <--
>             self.wrapped[k] = str(self.wrapped[k]) <--
>
> Is there a possibility it could find its way into psycopg2 proper?

Using str() is wrong: at least you should use adapt() and .getquoted()
to avoid SQL-injection attacks.

But I think that adding something like that would be fine. Daniele?

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it