Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2012 RC
Date: 2012-06-27 13:40:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10.06.2012 11:41, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Brar Piening<brar(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't have too much hope for them actually changing it - they seem
>>> hell-bent on forcing everybody into metro, and this seems to be yet another
>>> way to do that. But we can always hope...
>>

>> Looks like they've learnt their lesson...
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2012/06/08/visual-studio-express-2012-for-windows-desktop.aspx
>
> Yeah. Didn't expect that to happen, but happy to see that it did! :-)

I don't think we can realistically support VS2012 until Microsoft
releases the gratis Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop.
We'll hardly find anyone willing to run a buildfarm machine with VS2012
until that, and I don't think any of the committers have access to
VS2012 to test with.

So, I'm bumping this to the next commitfest. By the time that begins,
let's see if Microsoft has released it yet.

--
Heikki Linnakangas