Re: BUG #6705: 32 bit

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, gj19861103(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #6705: 32 bit
Date: 2012-06-27 08:48:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On 06/27/2012 02:49 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> There are some easy api to get whether the box is on a domain or not,
> and it's easily accessible from wsh as well. And it ought to be
> trivial in power shell...

Good to know. Since it's a troubleshooting tool there's no real problem
with saying "First, go install powershell" - but it'd be better not to
need to if it's available via wsh.

Ick ick ick. I've kept away from this stuff and been happy about it, why
do I keep volunteering myself for horrid Windows guts stuff?

> As for the av, I'm less sure. Maybe it's better to just dump a list of
> installed programs? I'd expect all av to be installed by installers
> that register them.

There's no guarantee they won't try to hide, though. AV software vendors
may think it's a good idea to make it hard for software on the machine
to tell what AV is running. I'm hoping not, but it's quite possible.

> The other idea would be to find out if there is an api corresponding
> to the "your computer is at risk" is warning bubble, and just use it
> backwards. I have non idea if there is though, I've never done any
> work in that area at all.

That's what I'm hoping is possible, but like you haven't dug into it yet.

--
Craig Ringer