How to limit access only to certain records?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to limit access only to certain records?
Date: 2012-06-22 11:36:11
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi,

is there a way to limit access for some users only to certain records?

e.g. there is a customer table and there are account-managers.
Could I limit account-manager #1 so that he only can access customers
only acording to a flag?

Say I create a relation  cu_am ( customer_id, account_manager_id ).
Could I let the database control that account-manager #1 can only see
customers who are assigned to him in the cu_am-relation?

For now I do this in the front-end but this is easily circumvented for
anyone who has a clue and uses some other client like psql.

Regards
Andreas

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Andreas KretschmerDate: 2012-06-22 12:32:51