Re: Where is NYPUG?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where is NYPUG?
Date: 2012-06-21 22:15:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> Searching "nycpug" on meetup fails.  Searching "postgresql" within 25mi of NYC has it come up.  I think Meetup's search uses keywords.

Yeah, the problem is that Meetup doesn't allow *me* to search within
25mi of NYC, since it knows I'm in San Francisco.  Once they added
geographic search, there's no way to turn it off that I can find.

> However, when you search "NYCPUG" on Google, it comes up as the first result.

Really?  I had to skip past an entire page of stuff about the Pug dog group.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.