Re: Merging two databases

From: Amador Alvarez <aalvarez(at)d2(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merging two databases
Date: 2012-06-14 18:34:20
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,
Obviously it will always depends on the constraints in your schema, but
why do not dump the databases out and import it into a single one
properly? Once you get the new database, it should be easy to catch up
with the 2 databases before the switching (with statements like
insert/update into Newdb tables ...(select from Olddb tables)).
It is up to you, this is to avoid replication settings, however using
replication could be a good thing for future replication experiences.

A.A.