Re: Simple connection failover support

From: Mikko Tiihonen <mikko(dot)tiihonen(at)nitorcreations(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Simple connection failover support
Date: 2012-06-03 17:10:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 06/02/2012 01:00 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Mikko,
>
> I get compile errors
>
> getHostString() is not public in java.net.InetSocketAddress; cannot be
> accessed from outside package
>
> compiling with java 6

Seems I slipped one Java7 method call in. Comparing the implementations it seems
in this case the InetSocketAddress.getHostName() will result in exactly the same
result.

I had selected the getHostString method because it tried to avoid dns lookups.
But the few places where I used it we were either opening the socket or initiating
ssl on already open socket so the lookup is either needed any way or already done
respectively.

Can change the method to getHostName? Or should I send a revised patch?

-Mikko