Need help in grouping records

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need help in grouping records
Date: 2012-05-19 19:04:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm trying to fight against double entries in tables.
I got as far as I can find similar records with trigram string matching.
If I do this with a table compared to itself I get something like this:

id_a, id_b
3, 5
3, 7
5, 3
5, 7
7, 3
7, 5
11, 13
13, 11

so the records with the IDs 3, 5, 7 and 11, 13 are similar enough to
form a group.

How would I get a list of record-IDs with a group-ID like this

record_id, group_id
3, 1
5, 1
7, 1