Re: reset implementation

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reset implementation
Date: 2012-05-18 13:18:09
Lists: psycopg
On 18/05/12 11:53, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
>> > IMHO that's correct for connection.reset() but I don't know how many
>> > people out there are using NOTIFY and .reset() togheter and I don't want
>> > to break their code.
> My assumption is that if somebody calls reset() he doesn't expect the
> connection to keep on doing what it was before. But I've already
> created more than one issue thinking something wouldn't have had side
> effects, while in real world... so I don't want to push too much on
> this.

If nobody comment on this issue at all we can suppose the number of
affected people would be extremely low (and I know no big framework out
there uses connection.reset()). So it is a +1 unless someone objects.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it