outdated legal notice in SGML docs?

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: outdated legal notice in SGML docs?
Date: 2012-05-17 20:48:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi!

While working on automating our PDF doc building for the website I
noticed that we seem to ship with outdated legal information in the docs.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/

(this also matches up with:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=COPYRIGHT;hb=HEAD)

seems to be our current licence text - however in the SGML docs we
actually have(pointer to the html generated source here):

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/LEGALNOTICE.html

which is differing in subtile ways (not mentioning the postgresql
licence but rather refering to a "licence from the university of
california") and also having different copyright year references/texts.

This seems to be wrong in all branches and has the additional problem
that the Copyright year on the backbranches is always out-of-date - for
example:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/LEGALNOTICE.html

will have 2009 for 8.4.11 which was released in 2012...

any thoughts on what the correct way to fix this is?

Stefan